Kidspiration v3, Download
AGE RANGE: 4-11
SUBJECT: Special Needs
The visual way to explore and understand words, numbers and concepts.Using visual thinking methodologies, Kidspiration provides a cross-curricular visual workspace for K-5 learners. Students combine pictures, text, numbers and spoken words to develop vocabulary, word recognition, reading for comprehension, writing and critical thinking skills.
Kidspiration works the way students think and learn and the way teachers teach. As students make visual connections, they build fundamental skills in reading, writing, math, science and social studies. Kidspiration offers activities in all curriculum areas, so students use visual learning naturally and confidently.
Kidspiration helps students:
- Develop strong thinking skills
- Strengthen reading and writing skills
- Build conceptual understanding in maths
Encourage your pupils to express themselves and share their thoughts with this innovative title which allows them to grasp new concepts and begin to categorise, brainstorm and organise their thoughts in a natural way.
Like its big brother, Inspiration, Kidspiration has two viewing screens: Picture View, Writing View and NEW Maths View.
Picture View makes it easy for pupils to see their ideas and information visually taking advantage of the principles of visual learning allowing pupils to represent their ideas using symbols. Simple maps; webs and other visual learning diagrams are contained within a library of over 1200 images. Audio also plays a role within this program; pupils can hear their work read aloud or record their own words. All menus buttons and other text are audio supported as well; helping children to read and navigate with confidence.
Writing View integrates with Picture View to help pupils connect their ideas with words as emerging readers learn about planning and organising for writing.
- Kidspiration uses the proven principles of visual learning to help readers and writers learn to develop and organise their ideas.
- Picture view provides a graphical way for pupils to represent their ideas using symbols(includes a library of over 3000 symbols).
- Writing View allows pupils to begin the writing process, by expanding their visual thoughts.
- One mouse click transition from Writing View to Picture View to Picture View and vice versa.
- SuperGrouper tool allows pupils to interactively group and arrange thoughts and symbols.
- Audio gives pupils the chance to hear their work read aloud, or record their own voice. All buttons, menus and other tex are text-to-speech enabled, helping pupils to read and navigate.
- Symbol maker - create customised symbols with this new drawing tool.
- Includes thumbnail of images in the outline view to support emerging readers and writers.
- Super grouper template allows creation of VENN diagrams to categorise and sort information.
- Syncronises files with Inspiration for Palm OS.
- Interactive whiteboard enabled (except on Mac OS Classic).
- NEW Maths View with 5 visual maths tools develop pupils number sense, spatial reasoning and conceptual understanding of the four basic operations.
- NEW 3000+ symbols offer visual support for concepts taught in the primary curriculum.
- Symbol search makes it easy to find the right picture, image or symbol to express thoughts and ideas .
- NEW Word Guide - a combination dictionary and thesaurus, builds pupils vocabulary and reading comprehension.
- Teaches emerging readers/ writers to clarify thinking, and to process, organise and priortise information.
- Visual representation deepens the pupils understanding of concepts and identifies misconceptions.
- Intuitive interface helps keeps pupils focused on their ideas, not on the process of constructing the mind mapping diagram.
- Stimulates creative thinking.
- NEW Build conceptual understanding in maths .
For pricing on multiple licenses, please contact us on 020 8736 0542