Dolphin SuperNova Screen Reader V16.06 (includes SMA)
Screenreader - for blind users.Extra user license for SuperNova Screen Reader.
Developed for blind computer users, SuperNova Screen Reader is a software screen reader that works by reading the screen interactively and communicating through a speech synthesiser or a refreshable Braille display.
SuperNova Screen Reader has been developed for computer users who are blind and can be used at home, at work and in education.
Key Benefits of SuperNova Screen Reader (formerly Hal)
- SuperNova Screen Reader talks as you type, announcing words or characters so you can check what you write.
- A single key allows you to read an entire document, email or web page.
- Fast and accurate multilingual Braille output for text at your fingertips*. (Grade 1 & 2 computer or literary Braille supported).
- Access complex websites with ease by choosing to list links, headings or frames.
- Read image labels, font styles, Windows menus and icons for easy navigation.
- Full support of popular applications including PDF documents, form filling, PowerPoint, Word & Email.
- Automatic language switching
- Customise the speed and volume of the voice and control the level of detail and punctuation that is spoken or sent to Braille.
- Focus highlight and on-screen Braille assists those with residual vision, sighted teachers & helpers.
- True multi language support, choice of over 20 languages and different synthesiser languages.
- Quality synthesiser included, delivering clear speech and intelligent pronunciation even at high speeds.
- Automatic software updates via the Internet ensure you always use the latest version.
- Works with most applications from the box, others can usually be mapped.
- Includes SAM (Synthesiser Access Manager) for easy support of third-party synths and Braille displays.
- Runs on many operating systems, network installations, Terminal Server and Citrix support.
- Choice of control panel for accessing features and functions and user selectable range of hotkey shortcuts provide ease of use and requires minimal training.
- New Control Panel – Easy to learn, the ScreenReader control panel has been updated.
- New Media' tab - ScreenReader's most unique entertainment, Scan & Read and Book access features have been brought together under a new Media tab.
- User Profiles – Deafblind user who wants braille with visual highlighting? ScreenReader's new profiles allow you to quickly set the amount of speech feedback without having to change multiple settings.
- Quick Scan & Read – read instantly from your camera, scanner or clipboard with a single keypress.
- Orbit 20 Braille Reader support – supporting affordable braille from the Royal National Institute of Blind People, Canadian National Institute for the Blind, National Federation of the Blind, The Norwegian Association of the Blind and Partially Sighted, Perkins School for the Blind, Sightsavers & Vision Australia.
- UEB Braille Improvements for Foreign Characters - Students using Unified English Braille (UEB) that are learning a foreign language now have UEB support for foreign accents.
- Home users receive the next 2 major upgrades for free. Organisations receive 12 months upgrades.
- Recent SuperNova upgrades have included exciting new innovations, as well as support for the latest operating systems: Windows 10 support, touchscreen magnification – perfect for tablets and touchscreen laptops - Scan & Read, Connect & View via a camera & more.
- Unlimited minor updates
- Windows 10 is evolving fast and Microsoft's latest updates can't be avoided! Keep pace, with unlimited and ongoing minor updates to your Dolphin software and enjoy peace of mind.
- Half the price of buying upgrades, & no unexpected costs
- A Dolphin SMA for individuals includes 2 major upgrades for the price of 1, so you're maintaining the health of your pocket as well as your Dolphin software!
- Hassle free - delivered direct to your computer
- All your updates and upgrades are delivered to you, first and direct! Minor updates arrive via your Dolphin software and major upgrades are delivered by email. Prefer a DVD? No problem! Just request your upgrade arrives on DVD by post. As a Dolphin SMA owner you are guaranteed to receive your upgrades first and hassle free!
What's new in v16
DiscountsSchools - for every full version purchased for a student, you will be entitled to a free version for the student to use at home
(£100 discount for home users who are registered blind in the UK. Contact office on 020 8736 0542 for more details.)
35% discount on competitive upgrades (i.e. from any version of JAWS, Magic, Window Eyes or ZoomText)
For a free demo version, click HERE
Software Maintenance Agreement
KEYSTAGE: 2-Adults Developed for blind computer users, SuperNova Screen Reader is a software screen reader that works by reading the screen interactively and communicating through a speech synthesiser or a refreshable Braille d...
£475.00 ex. VAT Code: 01044HS4L
Developed for blind computer users, SuperNova Screen Reader is a software screen reader that works by reading the screen interactively and communicating through a speech synthesiser or a refreshable Braille display.SuperNova Sc...
£780.00 ex. VAT Code: 01044HSH
A JAWS Professional Software Maintenance Agreement entitles you to receive the next two paid-for upgrades (requires that your existing license be the current shipping version).If you do not have a license for the current releas...
£235.00 ex. VAT Code: 20JAWSP-SMA