Dolphin Guide V9 All-In-One Software
AGE RANGE: Adult
Simplified computing with Magnification and Screen Reading.
Simple, easy computing for peace of mind every step of the way. Computing, made easy
Peace of mind every step of the way
For many people, computers seem daunting and they simply don't know where to start. Dolphin Guide v6 has been designed with simple, easy computing at its foundation. If you have found working with computers difficult or you are not interested in acquiring the technical know-how needed to use a computer, then Dolphin Guide v9 is for you! It not only removes the complexity of working with computers, but also gives you peace of mind every step of the way.
“My Dad was desperate to get on the Internet to read and learn more about all the things he loves. He has macular degeneration, so we had always presumed that being nearly blind would make it impossible for him to see a computer, let alone learn how to use one. We discovered Dolphin Guide at our local blind society, we tried it out and he's never looked back. It creates the simplest environment in which Dad can succeed. He's even made new friends online and we certainly get a lot of e-mail from him now as well.” Barry Wright
“Despite wanting to keep in touch with my son and grandchildren, I put off learning to use a computer for years. I always thought I'd break it, but Dolphin Guide has given me the confidence to have a go; it's really reassuring to know I can't go wrong. At the start I just wanted to email, but now I keep trying new things, like surfing the Internet and viewing photos. I've even made loads of friends on the Dolphin Guide user forum. We share tips and encourage each other to try some of the other great things it enables us to do.” Percy Wright
What is Dolphin Guide?
- Simple, easy computing with clear spoken menus.
- Dolphin Guide delivers easy to learn, simple-to-use, single button computing for blind or partially sighted users.
- Designed to ensure that you achieve the desired results quickly with the minimum of know-how, Dolphin Guide v9 is your partner for simple, easy computing.
- As Dolphin Guide reads everything out aloud, you can never get lost or confused, allowing you to build up confidence in your computing and gain peace of mind every step of the way.
“Dolphin Guide has completely changed my life by giving me access to a computer and introducing me to many people. It has also given me back a lot of independence in my life as I can check out things for myself rather than have to ask others for information. I would recommend Dolphin Guide to anyone, including my friends and family, whether they were visually impaired or not.” Alex Machray
Who is Dolphin Guide suitable for?Dolphin Guide is ideal for anybody who:
- Is blind or partially-sighted.
- Has little or no computer experience and is looking for an easy-to-learn solution .
- Has little or no technical ability, or lacks the motivation or the capability to acquire and retain technical knowledge.
Three varieties, same simple, easy computing.
Dolphin Guide provides simple, easy computing straight from the box. No need to learn about computers, every action is just a button press away. This allows you to control Dolphin Guide with your voice. It can be used by speaking commands, so no keyboard or mouse is needed to operate it. At work, at home, at play, with a community, with friends or just on the move, Dolphin PEN enables you to move Guide from one computer to the next simply and easily.
“I've had arthritis for more years than I care to remember and combined with my failing sight, the simplest things get harder and harder by the day. But I have always remained determined to keep my independence and Dolphin Guide HandsFree has been crucial in helping me achieve that. I write my own correspondence, email the grandchildren and listen to my post, all by simply talking to my Dolphin Guide HandsFree computer. It's even easier than they said it would be, Dolphin Guide HandsFree gets to know your voice, and now we're the best of friends.” Angus McStewart
So what can I do with Dolphin Guide?In a nutshell, anything you need to do with a computer can be done with Dolphin Guide and that includes:
- Magnify handwriting, pictures and diagrams.
- Send and receive e-mail.
- Browse the internet.
- Listen to Podcasts.
- Write letters and documents.
- Use BBC iPlayer.
- Scan and read books.
- Listen to Internet Radio.
- Download News.
- Create and use an Address Book.
- Use Skype (Internet phone).
- Play Games.
- And much, much, more.
Whether you use Dolphin Guide, Dolphin Guide HandsFree or Guide on a Dolphin PEN you can be assured of a simple, easy computing experience designed for peace of mind every step of the way, allowing you to do what you want to do, when you want to do it.
Dolphin Guide just got better, why not give it a try?
Can I purchase a complete package?The simple, easy answer is yes! We want to make sure that you have complete peace of mind when you use Dolphin Guide, so we also offer a range of computer packages and support, so you'll never be stuck. There are just three decisions you need to make and we'll do the rest:
Do you need a desktop computer or a laptop?You may choose to buy a desktop computer, if you intend to use your computer within an office or at home. However, if you tend to be on the move, it may be better to buy a laptop, and this can be taken with you, wherever you go.
If you have specific requirements, we can also customize your computer system so that it suits your needs. We can add different scanners, printers, keyboards, accessories, increase memory and much, much more. Just ask for a quote and we'll do the rest.
Whichever option you choose, you can be assured of a simple, easy computing experience, with peace of mind every step of the way.
What support options are there?Dolphin has always offered the very best level of support to customers and now with v6 this has been made even better. We have now extended the support we are able to offer you, while keeping everything simple and easy. Whether you buy Dolphin Guide only, or a complete package, you will now receive:
- 2 years of free telephone and email support, if ever you get stuck and need some advice.
- 2 years of free updates, if we make any minor changes to Dolphin Guide, Dolphin Guide HandsFree or our Guide on a Dolphin PEN.
- One free upgrade to the next version, when a new release is available.
- 2 years free hardware support, if you ever have problems with your computer system.
- Download and read thousands of books, magazines and periodicals with Guide Bookshelf
- Read on the go - transfer your books to a portable MP3 and DAISY players
- Straightforward gestures allow people with low vision to explore Guide menus on the latest Windows 8.1 tablets and touch screen laptops
- Choose from fantastic new natural sounding Vocaliser Expressive voices in Guide
- Get quick access to Guide's features with support for Dolphin's large print, high contrast QWERTY keyboard
What's new in v9.07?
For a free demo version, click HERE
KEYSTAGE: 1-Adults Screen Magnifier - for people with low vision. Screen magnifier for crystal clear magnification.FeaturesMagnify and enlarge text and images up to 64 times!Crystal clear magnified text, even at the highest lev...
£355.00 ex. VAT Code: 01044LS4